Monday, February 23, 2009

Taco Pocket


I love this meal. I got the idea from the Rachael Ray Show but I made it my own by not doing exactly what she did. It was only my second time to make it but it turned out so great tonight!

Taco Pockets 
1 lb. Ground Meat
1 Taco Seasoning Packet
Shredded Cheese
1 Small Onion
1 Medium Tomato
Hot Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar
4 Tortillas

--Put Ground Meat and contents from Taco Seasoning in a bowl. With you hands (I use gloves) make sure seasoning is well mixed into the meat.
--Divide into 4 sections and from those section make 4 patties. Grill to liking.
--Cut onion into thin pieces and then place in a pan with about 1/2 table spoon butter. While sauteing add several dashes of Balsamic Vinegar. 
--Warm tortillas in oven on low setting while food is cooking. 
--Once the meat is cooked take a patty and place it in the center of a tortilla.
--Then add cheese, tomato, onion, hot sauce. If their are more topping add them as you like.
--Then fold the tortilla. Fold in front and back sides and then the left and right sides. It should look somewhat like a square. 
--Once folded turn over and cut at a diagonal. 

This is so easy not too many components. I put on tons of hot suace and I love that it doesn't ever drip because it is in a pocket. It is a new fun way to make a Mexican flavored meal. 
You could also try it with many other topping and flavors if you are wanting something other than Mexican. 




No comments:

Post a Comment