Friday, February 13, 2009

Chipotle Slaw Fish Tacos


There is a Tex-Mex restruant here in GA that we love to go to and they have great fish tacos...so my goal was to recreate them at home. So easy and so wonderful.

Chipotle Slaw Fish Tacos
4 filets of either Mahi Mahi or Talapia 
Flour or Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 Avocado
Package of Coleslaw
1 Lemon
Cilantro
Jalapeno Peppers
Spicy Ranch Dressing
Salt and Pepper
 
Grill or Bake Fish until fully cooked... season to liking.
Heat Tortillas in oven for about 3-4 min.
Mix About 1.5 cup slaw, 1 lemon juice, 1/4 jalapeno peppers, 1/4 cup spicy ranch, dash of salt and pepper, and cilantro in a bowl. If you want creamery slaw mix in more spicy ranch.

On heated tortillas add fish, several avocado slices, and slaw mix. 
Serve with chip and queso or avocado dip (listed below), spanish rice, and refried beans.

Great restaurant quality food at home at a fraction of the cost.

Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cara, Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow and I am so excited about your blog. I think it is terrific and I've already learned about Teri's coupons and I can't wait to try the fish tacos and the easy sweet rolls for Don. I hope all is well and I think this is beautiful!
    Love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for these tacos... they were yummy in my tummy! I ate 3. Love ya babe. great blog, and more importantly great cookin. Happy valentines day.

    ReplyDelete