Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Easy Diner for Baby

This is a winning dinner at our house for my baby. Since kids can sometimes be picky this is a great recipe for getting kids to eat a good portion of their food groups.


Meat and Veggie Mac and Cheese
1 cup of elbow noodles
Evaporated Milk
Velveta Cheese
Ground Turkey
1 cup peas
1 cup corn

Cook the pasta as directed and then drain. Add some evaporated milk and Velveta cheese. I don't have a specific measurement I just eye it to the consistency that I like. You can use butter but I try not to use too much.
Ground Turkey, drain and rinse with warm water. Add to pasta mix.
Then add in peas and corn. Use either fresh or frozen.
Mix it all together and serve. 
 
I like to serve with a side of fruit.
This makes enough to have all week long or freeze for later. 
My daughter loves this and is still eating it at almost 2 years old. 

You can always use red meat, but I like the ground turkey because it is a bit healthier. You could also use shreds from a rotisserie chicken to mix in. 

So easy and I guarantee that any child will eat this even the picky ones!

Bon Appetite


No comments:

Post a Comment