Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eggplant Herb Pasta


As I have said before, we are trying to eat less meat around here and more veggies and healthy foods. So tonight I tried my hand at making a meal with eggplant and it turned out to be wonderful. This was my first time to ever eat eggplant and I really did like it and will be eating it again.

Eggplant Herb Pasta
1 large eggplant
½ Large Package of Egg Noodles
Pesto Sauce (half the recipe)
1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Bunch Green Onion
Parsley
Dill
1 Cup Feta Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Cut eggplant into small pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 min at 400. I added some salt, pepper, and EVOO to it before placing it in the oven
• Cook Noodles as directed
• Make pesto sauce and set aside
• Place asparagus in a large cooking pan with some cooking spray and cook on medium high for about 5 minuets. Set aside
• Cut onion, dill, and parsley into fine pieces and set aside
• Once noodles are cooked drain and place into a large bowl. Drizzle some EVOO and mix until noodles are coated
• Once coated, add eggplant, asparagus, dill, onion, parsley, pesto and feta. Mix all together well.
• Then you are ready to serve

This was such a refreshing meal that I could eat all the time. It was light yet filling. I am not a fan of eggplant. I also loved all the herbs in this meal. I am getting used to new and fresh flavors that I normally don’t cook with and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment