Monday, March 9, 2009

Maple Glazed Chicken


I found this glaze at www.carriescooking.com. We eat chicken several times a week and I needed something to spice up our menu. It was really good. I added some sautéed onions on top and it was wonderful.

Maple Glazed Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts
1-2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
½ -1 Onion Sautéed
¼ Cup Maple Syrup (I used a Light Syrup)
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
2 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
¼ Teaspoon Salt
2 Garlic Cloves Minced

• Grill Chick with Salt and Pepper
• Cook rice and set aside
• In a pan place onion with a bit of oil and sauté
• In a small pot add syrup, tomato paste, vinegar, salt, and garlic. Mix well and heat over medium low heat.
• On a plate place rice, chicken, glaze, and the onions

This really was such a great dinner and healthy. You could add some great veggies on the side of this meal and it would be fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cara, I just found your cute blog! I love it... and literally am trying this tonight bc I have chicken thawing at home as was not excited about it. ha hope you all are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this Thursday night for a dinner party. I baked the chicken with the glaze instead of grilling because I couldn't get the grill to turn on. It was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete