Thursday, March 5, 2009

Veggie Fried Rice


I have discovered a new amazing meal. Please add this to your list of dinners to make soon because you will be amazed at how good it is. Around here we have been trying to eat less meat because I think as Americans we think we have to eat meat at every meal when the fact is that you don’t. So this recipe is amazing and makes you full. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did tonight.
I heard about this recipe from the Today Show on their Cooking Segment.

Veggie Fried Rice

3-4 Cups cooked rice (I use brown rice)
2 Eggs
¼ Chicken Stock
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Bunch of Green Onion
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 ½ Cup Frozen Green Beans
1 Bunch of Asparagus Tips
4 Cloves Garlic minced
¼ Cup Cilantro
Ground Ginger
Peanut Oil
Sesame Seed Oil
Soy Sauce

• Cook 3-4 cups of brown rice and set aside
• In skillet add a good dash of peanut oil and let heat for about 1 min. Add in Red Bell Pepper and Green Onion. Cook at medium high for about 3-4 min. Once cooked place contents in a bowl.
• In same skillet add a dash more peanut oil and add in Peas, Green Beans, and Asparagus Tips. Cook at high for about 5 minuets. Once cooked place contents in same bowl as onion and pepper.
• In same skillet, add a dash of peanut oil, garlic, dash of ginger and cooked rice. Stir and make sure there are no clumps. Make a whole in the middle and add in 2 eggs. Scramble the eggs into the rice mixture. Once rice and eggs are mixed add in Chicken Stock, Sesame Seed Oil, and Soy Sauce.
• After that is well mixed add in all the veggies and stir. Take off the stove and add in cilantro and then serve.

I know this seems like a lot to do but it really didn’t take that long especially if you prepare and cut all veggies before hand. To me it seemed like there was a lot of oil but I just add a dash and it really isn’t that much. This was so good. If you have other favorite veggies use them I sure it would taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment