Thursday, April 2, 2009

My great friend Heather gave me this recipe and it is so fantastic!

Poppy Seed Chicken

3 cups of cubed chicken that has been boiled
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (sub cream of mushroom if you prefer)
1 8oz container of sour cream
1 1/2 sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers
1 1/2 sticks of melted butter
2 Tablespoons of poppy seeds

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Mix together in large bowl, chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. 
  • Spread 3/4 of cracker mixture along bottom of 9x13 casserole dish. 
  • Next, place chicken mixture. 
  • Top with remaining cracker mixture. 
  • Bake at 350 for 1 hour. 
  • Let cool for 5 mins before serving.
A great side to this is roasted potatoes or wild rice!

Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Cara,
    I love your site. I think you are doing something really amazing and helpful to so many other women. way to go! I'm about to email this recipe to my mom - I LOVE poppy seed chicken and am glad to have a good recipe. I think i'm going to help her make it over Easter weekend! Miss and love!

    ReplyDelete